Monday, April 11, 2016

Arabelle's Art Party!


Arabelle has wound up with more/bigger birthday parties than the other kids because she is so obsessed with them. She starts planning practically a year before and comes up with ideas, makes lists, and overall obsesses over every detail.  Arabelle currently wants to be an artist when she grows up, so this year it was her idea to have an art party.  I decided to postpone the date a bit so that I could have Memaw here to help me with it.  Here we are assembling the Rainbow Fruit Kebabs:



The venue was the Wildfire Arts Center in Berthoud which I rented for the afternoon.  I have taken the girls to the open studio on Saturdays a few times and I asked the lady in charge if I could do the party there.  They had never had one there, but were happy to draw up the paperwork and oblige....for a fee.



Berets and aprons purchased from Oriental Trading:



 Fabric markers, canvases and paintbrushes purchased in bulk from Amazon:


I led the kids step by step in creating this fine springtime Masterpiece:



I was impressed with the beautiful artwork created by all the little girls:








No comments:

Post a Comment